This is a special episode where 8 women get together to talk shop and a couple of hot topics. This was a great time and made for a great listen. Black women are making our presence known in this podcast game and leaving our marks in every genre. So if you are a lover of independent media, make sure you check out these women and add their shows to your playlists. You’re gonna be so glad you found this episode! Included in this discussion are IRJ’s own Leslie Mac plus Lavinia ka “SheBeShonuff”, CJ, Dr. Vicki Haywood Doe, Michelle Matthews-Calloway, Kymberly Nichole Wright & Hiroja Shibe.
Lavinia ka “SheBeShonuff”
- Show Name: Just Thinkin’ Out Loud
- Show Description: Hosted by cousins, Lavinia SheBeShonuff and Boughetto Rising, it’s the podcast where DemNerdyBlackChicks talk about news, politics, entertainment, current events, pop culture and general ratchetness.
- Website: www.jtolmedia.com
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/just-thinkin-out-loud-media/id894428736?mt=2
- Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/nerdyblackchickstalkradio/just-thinkin-out-loud-media
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/jtolmedia
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/nerdyblackchicks
- Show: The Black Astronauts Podcast
- Show Description: A weekly podcast where friends get together to talk currently events, technology, politics, relationships…pretty much whatever we want to discuss. co-hosts are Aaron B., Feeq Blerdman, and CeeWhy.
- We can be found on twitter, facebook, itunes, and stitcher. our website is www.blackastronautspodcast.com My twitter handle is @cjtaughtme
Dr. Vicki Haywood Doe- PhD, ACSM-EP-C
- Show: It’s All About Health and Fitness
- Show Description: VDF.FM podcast show “It’s All About Health and Fitness”-Vicki Doe Fitness features Dr. Vicki Haywood Doe, PhD, ACSM-EP-C, a clinical exercise physiologist/health fitness specialist and her co-host, Dr. Virginia Dee Banks-Bright, MD, MBA an infectious disease specialist/ internal medicine physician.
- They discuss and talk with other health professionals, and the community at large; on topics and issues that focus on the prevention and the management of chronic diseases through research-based evidence including nutrition, exercise, and healthy-living. They also give their unique perspectives on the everyday living “hot topics” in the community and the nation as a whole.
- Our Contact Info. for the public go on website…..
Vicki Doe Fitness- www.vickidoefitness.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show: The Swirl World
- Show Description: TheSwirlWorld.com podcast focuses on Black women involved in interracial and intercultural dating and marriage – also known as “Swirling.” In The Swirl World, we discuss topics of interest to Swirlers, from dating, marriage, parenting, careers, business, entrepreneurship, education and everything in-between. Michelle Matthews Calloway and Adrienne London Leach host the Women’s Edition. Mark Custard hosts the Men’s Edition. The Swirl World: Interracial. Diverse. Beautiful!™
- Website: http://www.TheSwirlWorld.com
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/TSWiTunes
- Podomatic: http://theswirlworld.podomatic.com
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/TSWStitcher
- Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/TheSwirlWorld
- TW: http://www.Twitter.com/ASwirlGirl
- FB: http://bit.ly/TSWFacebook
- PlayerFM: http://bit.ly/OnPlayerFM
Kymberly Nichole Wright, Certified Wellness Coach (CWC)
- Show: Somethin’ In Common
- Show Description: Somethin’ In Common is a weekly podcast, hosted by the husband & wife team, Kymberly Nichole & Michael Wright. Michael & Kymberly have been together for 2.5 years and married for 6 months. They have a blended family that consists of 4 beautiful daughters ranging in ages from 10-16! Michael & Kymberly decided to create this podcast to lend a voice to the male & female perspectives as it relates to relationships, pop culture, children, money, health/wellness, and much more……..Sometimes they agree and sometimes not so much……Listen as their worlds/opinions collide! It’s gonna be a fun & bumpy ride!
- Health/Fitness Editor – Manik Magazine (www.manikmag.com)
- Writer Contributor/Blogger – Volup2 Magazine (www.volup2.com); Full Blossom Magazine (www.fullblossommagazine.com)
- Plus Model – Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/modelkymberlynichole & http://www.facebook.com/curvygirlskitchen
- Twitter: @kym_nichole
- Show: Musings Of A Shibe Podcast: A Dogecoin Show
- Show Description: My name is Hiroja Shibe and I am the Host of Musings Of A Shibe Podcast: A Dogecoin ,Peer to Peer , Sharing Economy Show. I am person who loves technology and love seeing how tech is being applied in the world we all live in. I am an unabashedly enthusiastic supporter of the cryptocurrency Dogecoin and with this Podcast I wish to share my love for this coin and its community. I am no expert and do not pretend to be but I would like to share with you my journey through this new technological wonder and I hope that you enjoy the ride with me.
- Website: http://musingsofashibepodcast.space/
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/musings-shibe-podcast-dogecoin/id931239416
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/musingsofashibepodcast
- Twitter: @MusingsOfAShibe
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MusingsOfAShibeAPodcast
Show: Interracial Jawn
- Show Description: An interracial couple discusses pop culture, tv, movies and current events from their unique perspectives as a very white guy and a mostly black woman. With segments like #YesAllCops, #LameduckBlackness & #TrackDaTrailer the Interracial Jawn always brings the realness”
- Website: http://www.interracialjawn.com
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/interracial-jawn-podcast-interracial/id934632604?mt=2
- Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-interracial-jawn?refid=stpr
- TW: http://twitter.com/InterracialJawn
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/interracialjawn
Show: Ferguson Response Network Podcast
- Show Description: This weekly podcast will be devoted to supporting citizens working to create lasting social change through sustained civil disobedience and civic action
- Website: http://fergusonresponse.org/about/
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ferguson-response-network/id952962531
- Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-interracial-jawn/ferguson-response-network-podcast
- TW: http://twitter.com/FergusonResp
Tiffani “Bliss” Brown
- Show: Everybody Loves Bliss
- Show Description: “Everybody Loves Bliss” is a podcast hosted by Baltimore based actress, filmmaker, reiki master and sometimes chef Tiffani Bliss Brown. The show is centered around Bliss’s love of two things: good wine and good conversation. The show’s premise is really very simple…everybody has a story. And if given time, a relaxed atmosphere, a willing listener and a good glass of vino, people will talk. The show is never about “interviews.” What you hear on “ELB” is honest uncensored conversation. People are free to speak their truth, whatever that may be. No pretense, no filter and no editing.
- As it states on the show’s description page:
“Political correctness not guaranteed. Leave your shoulds and should nots at the door.”
- Everybody Loves Bliss can be found on Stitcher, ITunes and Soundcloud.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/everybodylovesbliss
- Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/everybody-loves-bliss
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/everybodylovesbliss