PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT
As Unitarian Universalists – we DO NOT need to WAIT for leadership to tell us how to do the work we are called to do.
If you are looking for ways for YOUR congregation to help/participate in the response to the upcoming #Ferguson Grand Jury Announcement:
Join or Plan a Response to the Grand Jury Announcement:
- Visit http://fergusonresponse.tumblr.com/
- Look for the planned response in your local area.
- Ensure your congregation is aware of the plan & are encouraged BY CLERGY to attend/participate.
- Have a sign-making meeting to create signs for the protest
- If nothing is planned in your area/town/city – PLAN IT!
- Create a facebook page for your event & submit the information here: http://bit.ly/FergusonNatlReponseForm
Offer Printing Services
- Contact location response organizers and offer to print copies of (or pay for printing) of materials they want available at the protest
Offer Observer Services:
- If you are a minister or lawyer – contact the local response organizers and offer your services as witnesses/observers during the protest in case of any issues with law enforcement.
Organize a supply drive to support local protesters – Supplies needed:
- 2×2 sterile gauze pads
- nonstick bandages
- nitrile gloves(all sizes)
- original (not flavored) mylanta/maalox
- hand warmers
- emergency ponchos
- space blankets